Thursday, October 25, 2012

MNet Asian Music Awards: My Picks

I was surprised at the selection. I really thought there would be more options in the best song and artist categories, and also in those categories the artists are being nominated by SONG not Album. I tried thinking in terms of what the artists had shown previously and with the new material in order to make a decision. Some of my votes would have been different if there were more options. I chose B.A.P, obviously because I like them, but also because as a whole, the songs they released this year showed a variety of skills and sides to their personalities.
Best New Female Artist- Ailee 
Love her voice. Strong and clear, very nice. I want to see more from her.
Best New Male Artist- B.A.P
I chose B.A.P, obviously because I like them, but also because as a whole, the songs they released this year showed a variety of skills and sides to their personalities.
Best Female Artist- BoA
The Queen of course.
Best Male Artist- PSY
Mainly because he really rocked it with Gangnam Style. Even before Z100 was playing it (60times a day) I really liked this song and video.
Best Female Group- 2NE1
They were nominated with 'I Love You' and this song and video was really great musically but especially visually. Couldn't take my eyes off the screen!
Best Male Group- BEAST
This is one of the categories that I had trouble deciding. TVXQ, Big Bang, Shinhwa and Super Junior were the competitors. I chose Beast because they were nominated for 'Beautiful Night', and I voted purely on how much I liked each song not how much I loved each group.
Best Global Group Female- Wondergirls
Because they have songs in English and I like the songs and their style :)
Best Global Group Male- TVXQ for Catch Me
The do a really great job all over Asia. 
Best Collaboration- Trouble Maker
I honestly still really like this song.
Best OST –Lee JongHyun for A Gentleman’s Dignity OST 'My Love'
Great show, great song, super great vocals.
Best Music Video-GAIN for 'Bloom'
At first, I wasn't sure about the video because it was sexual, but then when I thought about it and watched it agian, it became sensual and sweet. 
Best Rap Performance- Dynamic Duo for 'Without You'
If you haven't heard the song or watched the video, you are missing out.
Best Band Performance CNBLUE for 'Hey You'
Really feel good music to me.
Best Dance Performance Solo- Boa for 'Only One'
Every pperformance I watched, and I watched a good few, was great. She sounded great and was able to keep the steps to the dance fluid and graceful.
Best Dance Performance- Infinite for 'Chaser'
The schronization was pretty good, and the actual steps were complicated and crisp.
Best Dance Performance Female Group- miss A for 'Touch'
I thought the steps were original and cute, I was really nice to see a group of ladies, that don't need to crawl around on the floor in every song.
Best Vocal Performance Solo- K. Will for 'I Need You'
Go listen, you'll see why. But I would have picked Ailee's Hurt if it was an option. 
Best Vocal Performance Group- 4Men for 'That Man, That Woman'
Beautiful. Their voices match so well together.
Song of the Year- MBLAQ for 'This is War'
Picked because even in late October, I still want to listen to this song.
Artist of the Year- G-Dragon for 'Crayon'
There's just something about GD...

The site says that you can vote once everyday, but unless they're going to put up more nominees, I'm not going to vote again.

No comments:

Post a Comment