Monday, June 3, 2013

CL- 'The Baddest Female' MV

There are very few female acts that I truly like, in Korea or else where, because a lot of them fall short in one category or another. I can be very picky when it comes to girl groups and singers. Plus, them being girls excludes them from being true "eye candy" for me. Hehe. Anyway, 2NE1, and CL in particular, falls into the "can't wait for your new music" list.
CL has just come out with her first solo single "The Baddest Female", on the 28th of May, and I'm happy to say that I like the song and video.
The outfit changes were many and varied, and the attention to detail, maintaining the fact that this is a CL video not one for 2NE1. She looks great in this video, I think my favorite part is when she's on the CL Swing with pig- tails and a lollipop and everything was so visually interesting. Nothing confusing or fussy, but enough to stimulate and keep your attention. The only thing that was truly predictable about this video were the cameos from G-Dragon and Taeyang of Big Bang. I just knew they were going to come out and support her.
Also note, I LOVED the paisley tattoo she has on her arms- very cool.
I wish that this was lyrically one of her better songs. I know she has more in the tank than that,as evidenced by her part in "The Leaders" featured on G-Dragon's solo album "Heartbreaker". But when I think of what might appeal to a broader fan base, I think this was a good choice. The song is a bit braggadocios, but shows her spunk and personality really well.
All-in-all, I think this video and song represented CL very well and I for one am looking forward to more songs from her in the future.
*Doing the Unnie*

OH! Before I forget, this video was really great for my screencap collection. Here are some to share:






No comments:

Post a Comment