Friday, July 5, 2013

Piece- Info and First Impressions

Piece-p1.jpg




Name: Piece
Genre: Mystery, Romance
Year: 2012
Episodes: 13, about 25 minutes each
Studio: NTV
Writer: Matsuda Yuko (2012s Sprout and the Gokusen Series), and Oishi Tetsuya (2012s Platinum Town)
Starring: 
Nakayama Yuma  as Narumi Hikaru
Honda Tsubasa as Sugo Mizuho


Show Premise: When they were in high school, Narumi Hikaru and Sugo Mizuho, spent one summer falling in love and then suddenly stop being friends. Now when they meet, three years later, for the funeral of a high school classmate, they are thrust together, trying to unravel a mystery and figure out what they mean to one another.
Why I Chose This Show: It sounded really interesting and I've been away from JDramas for so long  (about two years since my last completed drama), I went on a search for new and recent Japanese shows.

Currently I've finished four episodes, and so far so good. The characters are interesting and have depth. Right now I just want to know what makes them tick, since both Narumi and Mizuho are flawed and emotionally stunted. Even though is supposed to be a mystery show, there hasn't been much in these first episodes, mostly they've been giving us the back story between Narumi and Mizuho.
I'm not sure this will be a great show, but so far it's been interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment