Wednesday, February 20, 2013

SHINee 'Dream Girl' MV


SHINee is back with a new album and video, ‘Dream Girl’.  The song about a dream girl that they see each night but disappears in the morning, starts out with this heavy house beat and then transforms itself with well placed guitar strumming, smooth vocals and deep bass and techno influences. It’s a bit reminiscent of Sherlock since so much is going on in the song, musically, that you never get tired of it. It’s constantly changing, making you wonder what you’re going to hear next.





SM was nice enough to release the MV and Dance version at the same time. The video is bright and fun just like SHINee is. The outfits, oh the outfits in this video. Just as always I both love and hate what they have on. If it was anyone else I would have laughed and stopped watching the video but why does every weird flower pattern look so oddly good on them? With the exception of Key’s shoes here, I enjoyed picking out all the different patterns and colors.

**Note to other bands:  Don’t try this at home kids, these guys are professional color and pattern mixers, any attempt made on your own could severely damage you image.**

I love the choreography it shows them like an old-school vocal quintet with the mike-stands, but then showcases the new aspect with the creative dancing.

Some screenshots:









Overall I like the song and video, I think the song will grow on me the more I listen to it, but right now I’m looking forward to their first on-stage performance. I can hardly wait to see them on Music Core or any of the other music programs, because I think I’ll like it better than the MV.



No comments:

Post a Comment